Welcome to 2015! The staff at the ACHE home office have been back on the job this week and are excited about what's going to be happening around the association this coming year. Here are 5 new things we're most excited about:
1) Our new, 2015 President, Regis Gilman, Dean of the School of Continuing Education at Eastern Illinois University. Regis is a very relationship-oriented person, so look for a high-touch, relationship-building conference in St. Louis in November.
2) A new website and member management platform coming in January. Our current website was built by the ever brilliant Bonny Million at the University of Oklahoma in 2008 when the ACHE home office relocated. The site has undergone tweaks over the years, but we're overdue for a facelift. Our new website is part of an integrated member management platform and will consolidate your experience for membership management, registration, and more.
3) A new committee and new committee members! The ACHE board of directors approved the creation of a new Digital Programming and Communications Committee, which will be chaired by the ever wonderful Jennifer Varney at Southern New Hampshire University with the excellent assistance of Leah Ben-Ami of Northeastern University. Other new committee chairs include Emily Lewis at Charter Oak State College; who's taken the reins of our Committee on Inclusiveness, Lisa O'Neal of Murray State University who will tirelessly head up our Awards Committee, and Pam Collins (Philadelphia University) and TinaMarie Coolidge (Drexel University) who are spearheading planning for our 2015 Annual Conference & Meeting in St. Louis.
4) A new Institutional membership model: As reported in November, our ACHE board of directors approved an unlimited staff model for our institutional members. Beginning with our member management platform launch, all member institutions will be able to add unlimited staff to their membership listings. This new model greatly increases the benefits and return on investment of your membership dollar.
5) A new group of mentors and proteges for ACHE's Mentoring Program. Our new pairs were notified of their matches before the holidays, and they're currently making connections. We'll keep you posted on their progress.
So much newness! It's almost too much to handle, but we love the direction all of it takes us. We hope you do too.
Administration Building, Room 114
1700 Asp Avenue
Norman, OK 73072-6400
800.807.2243 | email@example.com
Association for Continuing Higher Education
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved